Veterans face unique risk factors for substance use disorders (SUDs) and particular barriers preventing them from seeking the help they need and deserve. One of the barriers for men is a sense of shame at the idea of asking for help. The culture within the military is designed to create strong soldiers but often instills in them the idea that vulnerability is not an option. As it turns out, men’s addiction treatment centers significantly benefit male veterans seeking lasting recovery. Learn more about veteran rehab centers and how they can help you.
UpArmor Recovery’s men’s rehab program in Mississippi offers evidence-based treatment in both outpatient and inpatient programs. Call today to learn about our men’s rehab program for veterans. We can answer your questions and put your mind at ease about starting this challenging journey. Under our care, supported by fellow veterans on the same path, and with access to the therapies that will work for your unique goals and needs, you will amplify your long-term success outcomes. Call today at 855.211.5537, or you can complete this form.
The Benefits of a Men’s Addiction Treatment Center
Veterans of any gender share many experiences. But some experiences differ between the genders, and also differences in how men and women communicate, process trauma, and receive and provide support. For these reasons, we offer both men’s and women’s rehab programs. A men’s rehab center for veterans offers some of the following benefits:
- A community of men – Based on what you have in common, interactions with fellow male veterans will more likely be effective and feel more comfortable. Among other men, you can explore the truth that vulnerability is a strength, not a weakness, and with their support, face your addiction, and offer them your support in return.
- Effective communication – A vital part of recovery is learning how to communicate effectively. Men are often taught not to talk about feelings, challenges, or fears, but substance abuse recovery cannot happen without total honesty. You and your peers will learn to communicate openly—with others and yourself, a vital skill for recovery.
- Judgment-free zone – No one likes being judged, but men often find judgment especially difficult, as they have been socialized to have extremely high expectations of themselves. In an environment where no one is passing judgment and everyone understands and shares similar experiences, support, and mutual accountability are natural and effortless.
- Fewer distractions – In a men’s rehab program for veterans, fewer distractions equals greater focus on the task at hand: recovery.
- Successful outcomes – Relapse is more common among men than women. Relapse is often a natural part of recovery and is nothing to be ashamed of, but naturally, you want to avoid relapse if you can. A men’s addiction treatment center offers improved long-term outcomes.
UpArmor’s men’s rehab program in Mississippi can help you get a strong start on your recovery journey. We offer many options for men’s treatment, including an intensive outpatient treatment program (IOP) and a partial hospitalization program (PHP). Additionally, we offer support through the detoxification process through out drug and alcohol detox programs.
UpArmor Recovery – Men’s Rehab Center for Veterans
Our men’s addiction treatment center offers numerous evidence-based treatments, a 12-step program, mindfulness meditation therapy, nutritional education, and life skills training. Individual, group, and family therapy can help men process trauma, learn valuable sober-living skills, and heal old wounds. Some of our therapies include:
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Community reinforcement and family training (CRAFT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- Motivational interviewing
Reach out today to learn how your individualized outpatient treatment program in our men’s rehab center will support and guide you toward a healthy life of recovery. Call 855.211.5537 or submit this form to connect quickly to one of our highly trained, experienced, compassionate clinicians about your goals for recovery.