Many veterans return home having experienced trauma, suffering from depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and struggling with substance abuse. Are there reasons a military veteran would be better off seeking recovery support from a substance abuse treatment center for veterans? Yes. UpArmor Recovery provides evidence-based rehab to veterans and can help you or a veteran you care about begin recovery in a secure setting provided by professionals who understand the specific needs of this population.
Learn more about UpArmor’s substance abuse treatment programs in Mississippi. We specialize in addiction rehab for veterans and first responders. Reach out today to find answers to your questions. Call 855.211.5537 today.
Do You Need a Substance Abuse Treatment Center for Veterans?
Are you struggling with life situations that you think should not be so difficult—but are? Do you suspect you are abusing or dependent on alcohol or drugs? Below are some signs that you may have a substance use disorder (SUD).
Signs of drug or alcohol abuse and addiction include:
- A strong, distracting urge to drink or use drugs that may be increasing
- Worrying about your own substance use
- An inability to stop drinking or using even when you try
- Taking risks when under the influence, like driving while intoxicated
- Failing relationships, including an inability to communicate effectively
- Lying or being secretive about drug and alcohol use
- Not showing up to work or class, which puts your job or schooling at risk
- Increasing amounts of alcohol or drugs to achieve the same effects
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when there is no access to your substance of abuse
Veterans often have to deal with co-occurring disorders such as PTSD or depression. Their shared experiences as military personnel make it easier to process trauma, discuss the past, and discuss fears, struggles, and uncertainties in a rehab setting specific to veterans. Explore the idea of a substance abuse treatment program for veterans and reach out to UpArmor today. Our number is 855.211.5537.
Substance Abuse Treatment Programs for Veterans
At a substance abuse treatment center for veterans, professional staff understands the factors unique to veterans. For example,
- The vast majority of veterans with a SUD have at least one co-occurring disorder
- One out of ten veterans has an anxiety disorder
- There is an overlap between veterans who die by suicide and those who have an addiction
- Veterans struggling with addiction are four times more likely to have a major depressive disorder
- PTSD is the most common co-occurring disorder experienced by veterans with a SUD
At UpArmor Recovery’s substance abuse treatment program for veterans, the staff is experienced in treating both addictions and the mental health disorders veterans commonly deal with. Our goal is to break the cycle of addiction to reduce the risks among veterans that come with drug and alcohol abuse.
UpArmor Recovery – Substance Abuse Treatment Program in Mississippi
Addiction often brings consequences of its own, like job or relationship loss or struggles, legal or financial challenges, and housing and food insecurity. Let UpArmor help you with your substance abuse before things get worse.
We offer 12-step opportunities, life skills training, motivational incentives, mindfulness therapies, including yoga therapy, and more. Our evidence-based, trauma-informed treatments are part of our substance abuse programs, like:
- Benzodiazepine addiction rehab
- Opioid addiction rehab
- Drug addiction rehab
- Alcohol addiction rehab
- Fentanyl addiction rehab
- Heroin addiction rehab
Let UpArmor Recovery in Mississippi usher you safely onto the road to recovery. Whether you want a residential program or an outpatient program, including the option of an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP), you can find the addiction and mental health care you need at UpArmor Recovery. You can call 855.211.5537 to contact one of our staff or fill out this form to connect.